Essentials – Espresso Blend
Let us help you survive the wilderness of Monday morning.
To stay alive in the wilderness there are commonly considered to be ten essential things: water, navigation, fire, and shelter among others. We all know, however, that there are really eleven essentials! We consider coffee to be the third priority on the list, just after fire and water. It’s no exaggeration to say that a solid, consistent espresso blend is one of the essentials if you plan to finish your journey well.
Being a blend built for espresso, you’ll discover thick-bodied chocolate and creamy caramel notes with hints of sweet citrus and a lovely tobacco finish. This flavor combo gives just the right depth to milk-based drinks, and makes for an interesting and balanced Americano. Essentials is great when prepared other ways too! Use a French Press to bring out a deeper cocoa flavor, or a drip pot or pourover to highlight more caramel/citrus sweetness.
- Brazil, Mogiana regional lot, FAF Coffee Importers
- Colombia, Huila regional lot, Samaria Coffee Importers
- El Salvador, San Salvador region, Rene Contreras farm, Keffa Coffee Importers
- Brazil – Natural
- Colombia – Washed
- El Savador – Washed
- Elevation: 1,200-2,000 MASL
- Brazil – Catuai
- Colombia – Caturra
- El Salvador – Bourbon and Pacas
- Tasting Notes: Bakers Chocolate, Almond, Grapefruit, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Caramel, Citrus, Pipe Tobacco,
- Agtron #: 76
- Water loss (%): 15%
- Development Time: 2:30
- Brewing method recommendation: Espresso, French Press, Drip